Guul Group facilitates trade, investment and business whilst fostering entrepreneurship. Guul meaning success in the Somali language, works with investors, entrepreneurs, governments, corporations, foundations and communities to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social and financial benefits. The Group aims to facilitate $100m worth of investment by bridging the investor and investment opportunity gap.
• The Group handles transaction that are typically Low and lower-mid-market sized investments between $1m to $5m and $6m to $10m.
• Guul prides itself on accessibility, innovation and flexibility.
• Guul – match-making platform for investment opportunities, investors & entrepreneurs
• Extensive local knowledge, experience and network as the leading conduit and strategic partner for foreign private and public and multilateral firms
• Planning and implementing best solutions via myriad of excellent trade and investment services to attract Foreign Direct Investment
• Guul provides pioneering services for the bold and bullish entrepreneur through research into trade, investment policy, taxation, risk mitigation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of manager:
Guul is seeking a Manager to manage the investment portfolio and investor/ entrepreneur platform, with background in finance, investment, new business development and designing winning technical and commercial proposals. The role will require an experienced, capable individual, able to operate and lead on large ($1 million+) multifaceted promotion, bids, investment proposals and trade programmes.
In this role, the manager will support the expansion of the trade and investment portfolio, by identifying and leading on new and exciting opportunities, take on the project management of some of our Trade and Investment plans, particularly in Somaliland, Somalia and the Horn of Africa, and help to position Guul Group as thought leaders for trade and investment.
As a Manager, you will take a key role in leading on Guul Group projects through providing business development drive, project management inputs, conducting feasibility studies and technical expertise to create viable investment pipelines.
• Support the strategic approach to business development through coordination of research on issues, clients, partners and competitors and market intelligence gathering;
• Manage the development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships through interactions with clients at a technical level during the business development cycle;
• Manage the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities;
• Manage the planning of investment pursuits, proposal and bids;
• Manage the preparation of capability statements/expressions of interest, technical and financial proposals;
• Maintain up-to-date information on GG portfolio and foster engagement between potential investors and promising entrepreneurs
Trade and Investment Project Management:
• For assigned portfolio projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested.
• Provide support to investment project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting;
• Identify corporate risks and support implementation of risk mitigation/management measures;
• Identify project performance and contract issues and support their timely resolution;
Providing Technical Input/Sector Expertise:
• Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of investment projects;
• Provide support to monitor and quality assure Guul Group’s trade and investment services; Contribute to research, analysis of technical studies, case studies, policy and platform approaches and results;
Ideal candidates should have the following profile:
• At least 5years of venture capital, or private equity investment experience in Africa
• Experience in sourcing, screening and appraising new investment opportunities
• Exposure to investment capital raising, fundraising and investor relations
• Experience with the entire investment process from origination to exit – Identify, structure and execute exits from existing investments
• Strong network of FDI, Institutional investors, FIG focused investors and corporates
• Work to review and develop investment decisions, including performing detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis and preparing written investment recommendations
• Portfolio Management – build and maintain strong and productive relationships with clients, co-investors, partners and other stakeholders.
• Excellent financial modeling and structuring capabilities, communication and negotiation skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset and team player attitude, genuine interest in investments in Africa
Please address your CV and cover letter to invest (at) guulgroup.co.uk. Only candidates whose resume matches the above profile will be contacted.