By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGHEISA (Somalilandsun) – A sumptuous dinner for fasting government officials, Political and civil society leaders and Turkish nationals in the country became the first public function of the hosting and incoming Turkish Consul General in Somaliland.
“Thank you all for the warm welcome to Somaliland over the past few weeks and I wish you Ramadan Mubarak” said Turkish Consul General Ambassador Yüksel upon his guests breaking their fast at the Turkish Consulate in Hargeisa.
The Turkish envoy who also commended the good relations between Somaliland and his country, that facilitates the large number of Turkish businesses investing locally said his government is committed to not only sustaining the Bi-lateral relations but that his main diplomatic chore here is to help enhancement them.
At the high profile Iftar the Turkish diplomat also wished all Somaliland citizens a bearable Ramadan Fast and Happy Eid ul-Fitr festivities.
Though Somaliland and Turkey have maintained lengthily relations Amb Yükse is the first resident representative of the Ankara government in Hargeisa
Apart from the Turkish nationals present those from Somaliland included
– Abdirahman Mohamed Abdullahi (Irro) Speaker of the National assembly
– Hussein Ahmed Aideed – Min. Of Justice
– Salebaan Ahmed – Min of Health
– Shukri Haji Ismail – Min. Of Environment
– Mowlid Ibrahim – VM of MoFA
– Ahmed Nuur Faahiye – Min State Education
– Hussein Mohamoud Jiciir – Former Mayor
– Dr Edna Adan – Edna Hospital Founder
– Mohammed Shukri Jama – Chamber of Commerce Chairman and
The Chairman of Guul Group among others nationals with existing bossiness ties with Turkey.