By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The head of state has appointed two new assistant ministers.
The president H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo has appointed two citizens to join his council of ministers in the capacity of assistants ministers at the ministries of justice and Commerce respectively, announced through presidential decree # JSL/M/XERM/249-1573/022013
The appointees were posted to the ministries of Commerce and Judiciary respectively, to augment ministers who will no longer deputize Director Generals during official or personal leave of absence from duties.
The presidential decree read:
Quote – The president of Somaliland H.E Ahmed Mohamed Mahmud Silanyo through decree # JSL/M/XERM/249-1573/022013 hereby appoints two assistants ministers
• In conformity with section 2, Article 90 of the Somaliland constitution
• In pursuit Of strengthening government services at the national level
• After Consultation with relevant authorities and
• Having been certified of their ability to hold and perform relevant duties
• Mr. Aden Diriye Egal, as an assistant minister at the ministry of Commerce and
• Mr. Osman Guleid, as an assistant minister in the ministry of Justice.
The appointments take effect immediately thus ensure relevant public services are availed citizens without let or hindrances-Unquote
While the commerce appointment was expected due to the increasing focus on economic growth especailly as pertains to creation of employment, the bolstering of the justice ministry is proof of the president’s commitment to securing justice to all citizens.
Since comming to office, President Silanyo seems to have made the judiciary has his pet and darling department.