- Somaliland:The Sense of Nationhood ‘’We Not Feeling’’
- Somaliland: President Silanyo visits National Forces at the Frontline
- Somaliland:Somaliland presidential election through a clan ‘Lens’
- Somaliland: Why Somaliland people do not benefit from oil price falls?
- Somaliland: The Three National Political Parties Head In Head With Electoral Commission For Second Time:
- S0maliland: The Opposition WADANI Party Leader Cirro laments On Agreed Results by Somaliland Anti-corruption Commission Team Scheduled The Ongoing Corruption.
- Somaliland: The Opposition Leaders Of WADANI Rejects To Participate In Parliament Proceedings Till Ciiro Arrives Back
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Chairman Welcomes Agreement reached by Djibouti’s Government and Opposition Parties
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections
- Somaliland: Somalia and Somaliland - Improving Ministerial Effectiveness
- Somaliland: President Silanyo visits National Forces at the Frontline (32)
- Somaliland:The Sense of Nationhood ‘’We Not Feeling’’ (5)
- Somaliland: Somaliland Finance Minister Meets with Turkey Ambassador to Somaliland (83)
- Somaliland: Why Somaliland people do not benefit from oil price falls? (4)
- Somaliland: The Government Movement Has Reached Almost All Regions Of Somaliland” Declined Hirsi (6)
|Press release on Somaliland oil exploration in Block 26|
|Thursday, 05 April 2012 21:51|
For Immediate Release Prime Resources Limited Petrosoma Limited.
Prime Resources and its affiliate company, Petrosoma is pleased to announce a joint venture between Petrosoma and Jacka Resources, an Australian oil exploration company quoted on the Australian Stock Exchange. To facilitate the joint venture, Prime assigned it rights in the production sharing agreement with the government of Somaliland for the oil block formally known as Block 26, to Petrosoma and the joint venture holders will each hold a 50% share in the block.
As part of its legal obligation to disclose price sensitive information, within 48hours, Jacka issued an announcement to the Australian Stock Exchange regarding the transaction. Although the Jacka announcement referred to the block using a historical reference, the block is now formally known as block SL6 and parts of SL7 and SL10.
Mohammed Yusuf Ali, Chairman & CEO of both Prime and Petrosoma, said,"this is a great day for all Somalilander. We are delighted to be in business with Scott Spencer and Justyn Wood of Jacka Resources. These two gentlemen were key figures in the multi- billion barrel Ugandan discovery in Lake Albert and they are very excited about the potential of the joint venture block in Somaliland." Mohammed Yusuf Ali added "all Somalilanders will benefit if we discover oil in this block".
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 384 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial