- Somaliland:MOBILIZE YOUR PEOPLE FOR THE EVENTUALITIES SIR
- Somalia: Is patriarchy invincible in Puntland?
- Somaliland:The next round of talks between Somali and Somaliland fail to start in Istanbul
- Somaliland: After Bolloré, DP World is also interested in Berbera Port
- Somaliland: International Community is misleading SomalilandSomaliland: International Community is misleading Somaliland
- Somaliland: Dozens of youngsters under detention as part of police operation to fight hooliganism
- Somaliland:Turkey's Slumping Popularity in Somaliland
- Somaliland: Sudan claimed seized weapons and Somaliland releases them
- Somaliland: Canadian judge tells Muslim woman he will not hear her case until she removes her headscarf
- Somaliland: Somaliland And Somalia Talks
- Somaliland:MOBILIZE YOUR PEOPLE FOR THE EVENTUALITIES SIR (79)
- Somaliland:The next round of talks between Somali and Somaliland fail to start in Istanbul (24)
- Somaliland: International Community is misleading SomalilandSomaliland: International Community is misleading Somaliland (10)
- Somaliland:Somaliland/Somalia Dialogue to resume in Ankara on Sunday (69)
- Somalia: Is patriarchy invincible in Puntland? (5)
|Press release on Somaliland oil exploration in Block 26|
|Thursday, 05 April 2012 21:51|
For Immediate Release Prime Resources Limited Petrosoma Limited.
Prime Resources and its affiliate company, Petrosoma is pleased to announce a joint venture between Petrosoma and Jacka Resources, an Australian oil exploration company quoted on the Australian Stock Exchange. To facilitate the joint venture, Prime assigned it rights in the production sharing agreement with the government of Somaliland for the oil block formally known as Block 26, to Petrosoma and the joint venture holders will each hold a 50% share in the block.
As part of its legal obligation to disclose price sensitive information, within 48hours, Jacka issued an announcement to the Australian Stock Exchange regarding the transaction. Although the Jacka announcement referred to the block using a historical reference, the block is now formally known as block SL6 and parts of SL7 and SL10.
Mohammed Yusuf Ali, Chairman & CEO of both Prime and Petrosoma, said,"this is a great day for all Somalilander. We are delighted to be in business with Scott Spencer and Justyn Wood of Jacka Resources. These two gentlemen were key figures in the multi- billion barrel Ugandan discovery in Lake Albert and they are very excited about the potential of the joint venture block in Somaliland." Mohammed Yusuf Ali added "all Somalilanders will benefit if we discover oil in this block".
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 410 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial