- Somaliland: Ban Ki-moon Appoints New Envoy to Somalia
- Somaliland: Technology Entrepreneurs Begin Careers through MUHANDIS Challenge
- Abraaj Group Exits Ownership of Saham Finances
- Somaliland: UCID Implodes, V/P Candidate Quits, Presidential Ticket for Sale
- White Men, Not Muslims, Are the Real Terrorists-US Senator
- Somaliland: Mass Resignations Rock Administration.
- Somaliland: Soldier Succumbs to Mine
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Party Applauds Report by Presidential Verification Committee
- Somaliland: President Silanyo Reveals Publicly, Commitment to a One Term Tenure
- Somaliland: What to Expect in a President Muse Behi Administration
|Somaliland: President Silanyo Negates Clan Affiliation as Qualification for Regional Governorship|
|Tuesday, 05 February 2013 11:33|
• Awdal governor the only one to face the axe
• As 2 parastatals chiefs are fired and replaced with immediate effect
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (SOMALILANDSUN) – Belonging to a certain clan is no longer qualification for appointment as a regional governor.
The president H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo has made dramatic changes to the public service administration following a major reshuffling of regional governors.
A presidential decree released late evening informing of the realignment of regional governors office occupant nationwide is the boldest ever made in 21 years.
The decree read:
Quote - The president of Somaliland H.E Ahmed Mohamed Mahmud Silanyo through decree # JSL/M/XERM/249-1568/022013 hereby reshuffle regional administration governors:
• In conformity with Articles 90 and 110 of the Somaliland constitution
• In pursuit Of strengthening governance at the regional level.
• After Consultation with relevant authorities and
• Having been certified of their ability to hold and perform relevant duties
1. Mr Mohamed Mahmud Ali "Jiin-yare"as the Governor of Marodi-jeeh region (Hargeisa). Jiinyare is the immediate governor of Sool Region.
2. Mr Ahmed Omar Abdilahi "Hamarje" as the governor of Toghdeer Region (Burao). Hamarje is the immediate governor of Marodi-jeeh.
3. Mr Mohamed Farah Aden, as the governor of Sool region.
4. Mr Abdo Ahmed Ayer as the governor of Awdal region (Borame). He is former Toghdeer governor.
5. Mr Ahmed Muhumed Gelle "Da'ar" as the governor of Sanaag region.
6. Mr Yusuf Ibrahim Geedi as the governor of Gabile region. Former governor of Odweine region.
7. Mr Jamal Husein Hure as the governor of Odweine. He is the immediate governor of Hawd region.
8. Mr Abdilahi Farah Methane as governor of Selel region.
9. Mr Ibrahim Hasan Ali as the governor of Hawd region and formerly of Sarar region.
10. Mr Ahmed Ali Nuur, as the governor of Sarar region. He is the immediate governor of Gabile.
The same decree also announced the firing of Awdal Governor Mr Ahmed Hadi Sidii without giving reasons.
All the appointments take effect from 5th January 2013 and I therefore ask all of your to hand over your former offices and assume news ones expeditiously. –Unquote
This is the biggest administrative change to be effected in the country and the juice of it is that none of the governors will administer a region where his clan is domicile.
With this bold move president Silanyo has finally negated the allocation of senior administration positions on clan basis and established the norms in-place worldwide, APOINTMENT by MERIT
Despite the apt administration expected via this move the governors need all the support they can get due to the momentous task of governing bestowed on them.
At the same time the head of state fired the managing directors of the government owned Somaliland Roads Authority –SRA Mr Abdiwahid Abdiqadir and of the Food Coordination Agency-FCO Mr Mohamed Dahir respectively.
Their replacements are Mr Yusuf Osman Garas new managing director FCO and Prof Hasan Ali Osman at the SRA.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 1244 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial