We are currently in the process of testing several options for commenting. Right now the option for commenting through Facebook accounts is active. Soon we will decide which system we will use. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to leave your comments through the Facebook option.
If you have any suggestion or ideas, please let us know at email@example.com
Somaliland Sun Editorial Team, May 20, 2013
- Somaliland: VP Sayli Officiates Launching of DVK’s “Good Times” Program with NDTV
- Somaliland: Open Letter His Excellency President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud Silanyo
- Somalia: Violence Scares Investors, Aid Workers
- Somaliland: Edna as Keynote Speaker on End Fistula Day
- Somalia: PM Shirdon Outlines the Road ahead on Jubaland and Somaliland
- Somaliland: “Ethiopia Shall Defend Somaliland to the Hilt” PM Desalegn
- Somaliland: Military Displays Human and Equipment Might
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
- Somaliland: SLNTV to Transmit 18th May 2013 Commemorations Live
|Somaliland: Opposition Leader Urges Unity|
|Saturday, 05 May 2012 18:22|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The people and government of Somaliland have been urged to unite in all matters pertaining to foreign relations.
The unity call was made by leader of the opposition UCID party Hon Feisal Ali Warabe at the Egal international airport after his arrival from an extended foreign tour that saw him visit Britain, Finland, Kenya and the UAE.
During my sojourn I met with Somalilanders in the Diaspora and relevant government officials whom I briefed on the outcomes of the London meeting on Somalia as it pertained to Somaliland" Said Feisal
The engineer turned politician said that the prolonged quest for recognition as a sovereign nation will only be possible if all Somalilanders were united in all dealings with external partners and especially Somalia. He pointed out that this united front can only be achieved if citizens are kept abreast with relevant information.
In reference to the participation of traditional leaders in Somalia activities, The opposition leader who held unprecedented discussions in the UAE with Sheikh Sharif the TFG president, said that the participation was illegal thus to be treated as treason.
Said he, "The participation of our traditional leaders in the imminent Somalia constitutional process is a slap in the face for our sovereignty and any participant should be charged with treason"
Hon Warabe further informed that many people in the world support our ambitions as a nation but lack viable information to add impetus to this support; he also said that some of the people he met are unaware of the existence of Somaliland thus the need to embark on extensive and regular publicity campaigns.
You are not aloneWe have 423 guests and 1 member online