- Somaliland: The Opposition Leaders Of WADANI Rejects To Participate In Parliament Proceedings Till Ciiro Arrives Back
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Chairman Welcomes Agreement reached by Djibouti’s Government and Opposition Parties
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections
- Somaliland: Somalia and Somaliland - Improving Ministerial Effectiveness
- Somaliland: President Silanyo visits National Forces at the Frontline
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections (39)
- Somaliland: It is perfect Times to Tell the Truth (96)
- Somaliland: Somaliland, Somalia & ARC: The Final Nail in the Coffin (50)
- Somaliland: ARE OIL AND GAS BLOCS IN SOMALILAND VIABLE? (15)
- Somaliland: The Three National Political Parties Head In Head With Electoral Commission For Second Time: (2)
|Somaliland: Toyota and Bank of Africa ready to Invest|
|Wednesday, 16 May 2012 00:04|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – International investors are in the country to finalize operational arrangements.
The Vice president Hon Abdirahman Sayli today hosted delegations from the Bank of Africa and Toyota at his offices at the presidency where several arrangements were agreed on.
VP Sayli who welcomed the two institutions to the country informed that the government has put in place mechanisms to facilitate foreign investments in the country. He revealed that recent banking laws enacted were part of this policy thus ease funds transfer for foreign investors.
The VP stressed on the importance the Silanyo administration places on investments in the local industry as it especially pertains to creation of employment opportunities and poverty alleviation. He urged the two organizations have to have full confidence of their decision to invest in the industrially virgin country due to its lucrativeness.
According to the Bank of Africa's international relations Manager Mr. Frank Marie, the institution is pleased to enhance its operations in the country and ready to become one of the leading drivers in the banking industry.
The Toyota Merrill company General Manager Djibouti branch Mr. Patrick Wallet thanked the government for all its endeavors to facilitate ease of foreign investments which have encourage his company to invest.
The two delegations also held discussions with various stakeholders including the speaker of parliament Hon Abdirahman Irro, Central bank governor, Chamber of commerce as well as individual businesses.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 194 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial