Somalilandsun- Aktis Strategy (Aktis) a global consulting firm specialising in development, stabilisation, and governance in FCAS is implementation a multi-million-pound programme of work in Somaliland delivered in consortium with Axiom International on behalf of the UK Government.
To this effect Aktis Strategy Is recruiting for an experienced project manager in the development sector with strong and demonstrable technical, management, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Read below full details and application process
Project Manager Somaliland
Date: 23 February 2018
Organization: Aktis Strategy
Country: Kenya, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 16 Mar 2018
Location: Up to 65-70% FTE in Somaliland, with remaining 30-35% from home base (including UK)
You will be an experienced project manager in the development sector with strong and demonstrable technical, management, organisational and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will take up the management of a multi-million-pound programme of work in Somaliland delivered in consortium with Axiom International on behalf of the UK Government.
The successful candidate will lead the management of the security and justice sector reform programme, ensuring smooth running and effective delivery across the multi-strands capacity building activity within the justice, police, defence and coastguard sectors. They will oversee the technical delivery of a team of international and local consultants, and lead a small management team in line with direction provided by the Programme Director. The candidate will be the focal point of contact for the client, working closely with them to meet programme objectives and adapt the programme to the evolving context.
Summary of responsibilities
1. Project Management
· Leading implementation of complex, multi-workstream security and justice programme in Somaliland to ensure delivery to the highest standards;
· Preparing and maintaining project tools, including input schedules, workplan and logframe, and proactively managing the team and project planning to tackle challenges as they arise;
· Providing technical oversight of staff, consultants and partners to ensure delivery is in line with workplans, result framework and activity is proactively problem-solving, adapting and taking opportunities as they arise to meet project outcomes;
· Developing and maintaining project and country risk matrices, ensuring risks are managed and escalated appropriately;
· Acting as focal point of contact for client, partners and other donors, plus liaising with stakeholders on a regular basis;
· Routinely leading on project discussions and presentations with a wide variety of project stakeholders, partners and clients on a range of technical topics;
· Writing client weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports;
· Drafting, reviewing or contributing to technical project deliverables including proposals, reports, evaluations and stakeholder workshops.
2. Financial Management
· Developing and updating budgets, ensuring associate and partner inputs remain within budget;
· Managing the cashflow and invoicing process, and overseeing procurement;
· Writing financial reports.
3. Partner Management
· Managing technical input of partners to ensure timely project delivery;
· Managing relationships with local and international partners to ensure effective collaboration and high-quality project delivery.
4. Business Development
· Developing new business leads and generate new revenue sources for Aktis in the Sub Sahara Africa region, and actively build and maintain broad client, consultant, potential partner, competitor and host government networks;
· Proactively taking an independent lead role in progressing strategic pursuits, planning, preparation, delivery and quality assurance of tender and proposal submission activities.
The successful candidate will have:
· Minimum 3 years’ post-qualification experience in project management;
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree within a related field, such as International Development, Politics, Law, Business Management;
· Field based experience working in developing and/or fragile and conflict states;
· Experience engaging with foreign government departments and/or ministries;
· Track record of project financial management;
· Knowledge and understanding of donor/funding processes and mechanisms;
· Experience in using a results framework;
· Fluency in English (full professional proficiency)
And ideally have:
Project Management training, such as Agile or similar;
Previous experience working in the Horn of Africa region.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Job reference: SLDPM 18/01