Minbar Somali is offering $25k Startup Funds for Somali Entrepreneurs ,Pitch in Minneapolis
Minbar Somali is part of a global program run by Affinis Labs that connects startups in less advantaged communities to global networks of investors, incubators and accelerators, mentors, government entrepreneurship programs and others who want to help. In doing so, Minbar broadens economic inclusivity and helps build supportive ecosystems that make entrepreneurship accessible for everyone.
Now we are proud to launch in Somalia. We believe Minbar can help unleash the entrepreneurial talent and energy of Somali-led startups to support economic development and inclusivity. For too long, Somalia has struggled to grow its economy and create jobs. Let’s help change that together.
September 21 Pitch Event in Minneapolis
Five startups will be selected to pitch to a “Shark Tank”-style panel of investors, who will negotiate investment terms on the spot in front of a live audience and online viewers watching via Facebook Live. More than one team could receive investment offers. You can watch live at http://somali.minbar.meor at our Facebook page.
Here’s how you can be a part of it
- APPLY TO PITCH: If you are an entrepreneur, apply for the pitch competition!
- LEND YOUR EXPERTISE: If you run entrepreneurship programs, ask about becoming a Minbar Somali partner. We work with partners to develop collaborative programing, market programs to our networks, and leverage Minbar tools and resources to further partner goals.
- BE A SHARK: If you are a prospective investor, ask us about becoming a “shark” for the pitch competition. We will have additional ways for you to discover investment opportunities in the near future as well.
- SPONSOR AN EVENT: If you want to sponsor a Minbar program, let us know and we will work with you to craft a high impact initiative.
- MENTOR ENTREPRENEURS: If you want to be notified when the mentorship app is released or sign up as a mentor, please visit http://somali.minbar.me/app.
Spread the word to your networks – let’s make entrepreneurship accessible to everyone! Have questions? Email us at email@example.com.