By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The United States is to continue and increase as well its development and Humanitarian interventions through direct Diplomatic relations with the government of Somaliland
This development follows a meeting held at the Somaliland presidency in Hargeisa between US and Somaliland government officials and chaired by President Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo
The US government team visiting Somaliland is led by the Deputy Director of USAID Miss Etim Linda and includes the Washington envoy to Somalia and Somaliland Ambassador James C. Swan among other senior officials.
Details of the in-camera meeting were divulged in brief by Ms Linda, Somaliland FM Mohamed Behi and Amb James P. McAnulty during a joint press conference at the presidency.
The Somaliland government team at the bi-lateral meeting included
1. Vice president Abdirahman Abdilahi Sayli
2. Foreign Minister Mohamed Behi Younis
3. Planning and National Coordination Minister Dr Saad Ali Shire
4. Presidency Minister Hirsi Haji Ali and
5. Personal assistant to the president Ali Ahmed Ali
Listen to the briefing by Ms Linda, FM Behi Younis and Amb Swan or
Watch the same briefing HERE