By: Osman A.M.
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The Government is back to the drawing board in planning and preparing for the 23rd anniversary of independence that is annually commemorated on 18th May.
This was informed in a press released dispatched and signed by the head of Presidential Press Service (PPS) Mr. Ahmed Suleiman Duhul and send to media outlets.
The statement read:
The President of the Republic of Somaliland H.E. Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo in accordance to the powers conferred to him issued a presidential decree vide JSL/M/MG/241-2387/042014 dated 8th April in which he appointed a national steering committee tasked with inter alia, facilitating in arrangements, preparations to events leading to celebration of 23rd anniversary of the independent day 18th May 2014 which committee shall be led by Interior Minister Mr. Ali Mohamed Waran-Adde.
The members steering the national events are composed of the following;
1. Minister for Interior- Chairman of the committee
2. Minister for Information, Culture & National Guidance
3. Minister for Education & Higher Education
4. Minister for Youths Sports & Tourism
5. Minister for Postal & Telecommunication
6. Minister for Health
7. Director General in Presidency Ministry
8. Special Presidential Advisor on Minority Rights
9. Mayor of Hargeisa
10. Parliamentarian Ahmed Mohamed Diriye (Nac-Nac)
11. M.P. Abdillahi Jamah Osman (Geljirre)
12. A member from civil societies umbrella body SONSAF
The Somaliland head of state urged the members to exercise patriotism in the discharge of the new mandate while at the same time reminding regional & district administration to accord them the necessary assistance in discharging their duties.