By: Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The two top administrators of Selel Region have been commended for their selfless service to the public by the Somaliland President Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo.
In a presidential decree #JSL/M/XERM/249-2249/012014, the head of state who also accepted the resignation of Toghdeer Governor Abdilahi Hamarje also relieved the Selel Regional governor and his deputy from their duties.
The presidential decree released late last evening Presidential Spokesperson Ahmed Suleiman Duhul which informed that the decision by the head of state were guided by Article 90 and Article 110 of the Constitution of the Republic of Somaliland and subsequent need to provide citizens with skilled regional administration.
Quote- I the president of the Republic of Somaliland do hereby
• Accept the Resignation of Toghdeer Regional Governor Abdilahi Hamarje
• Relieve Selel regional governor Abdilahi Farah Maydhane of his duties
• Relieve Selel deputy Governor Ali Allale Rayale of his duties
At the same time I hereby appoint
1. Mohamed Muse Diriye to the post of Toghdeer regional Governor
2. Abdirizaq Waaberi Roble to the post of Selel regional Governor and
3. Abdiqadir Aden Yusuf to the post of Selel Regional deputy Governor.
“On the same time and on behalf of the government and people of Somaliland commend the outgoing governors for their outstanding service to the nation I also order them to expedite transfer of office”
The dictates of this decree take effect immediately- Unquote
While Hamarje attributed his abrupt resignation to issues personal the firing of the Selel governor and deputy which was not explained might be related to never ending bad blood existing between section of residents since the local council elections of November 2011