By: Latifa Yusuf
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Legislators are set to start deliberating on the establishment of the proposed constitutional Review commission.
The House of representative has embarked its 20th Session in which a number of pending issues shall be debated upon.
During their first sitting the house speaker Hon Abdirahman Mohamed Abdilahi Irro asked the legislators to study the agenda distributed thus effective debate.
The House of representative members which is the second chamber of parliament shall during their 20th session deliberate on the following issues as listed on the agenda:
1. Briefing by the house standing committee
2. Laws related to
• Law enforcement laws
• Amendment to the Advocates law
• Media law
• Law establishing a Constitutional Review Commission
• Commercial banking laws and
• Statistics laws
3. 2013 National Budget
4. Review of the national Audit report for 2008, 2009 and 2010
5. Briefing by Senior Government officials
6. Approval of Presidential appointees
7. Re-deliberation of items rejected by Guurti, the upper chamber of parliament