Posted: 01 November 2012 Deadline: 08 November 2012
Job type: Permanent Salary: TBD
Organisation: Save the Children – International
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
There are 30 national Save the Children organisations around the world. By the end of 2012 all our international programmes will be delivered through a merged operation with 14 000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, mor e aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Programme Design Manager shares in the overall responsibility to lead and coordinate programme design functions related to both emergency and development programmes. S/he will work closely with the Director of Quality Programmes, Thematic Managers/Experts, Area Programme and Support Staff, Donor Compliance Manager to ensure high quality proposals and reports.
Qualifications and experience
• Post graduate degree in project development and management or related fields
• Recommended a minimum of 8 years management experience in a similar position
• Strong programme design and development skills and experience
• Proven experience on designing programmes/projects and reports for major donors such as ECHO, EU, DFiD, DANIDA, SIDA, WB, UNICEF etc.
• Strong skills and experience in participatory planning approaches and tools
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
• Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
• Information Communication Technology literate
When applying please include details of your current salary in covering letter
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 6 November 2012
For further information on this role, please see our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to the link provided
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to: