Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for : LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Place of work : Based in Hargeysa, with regular field visits to Mandherra, Berbera and Burco detention centers.
Contract type : Local
Salary : As per MSF-OCB salary scale
Starting Date : ASAP
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
Place within the organization:
Part of Logistics staff, accountable to the Project Logistician.
General purpose of the Position:
a) To ensure the effective operation of supply within the project
b) To contribute to the all the logistical activities in the project
c) To support in the set up of the consultation and observation rooms.
Main Tasks and responsibilities :
Together with the Field Co, organize the different consultation and observation rooms, in the different locations and propose logistical solutions according to the constraints (space, light, water, etc.
Responsible for the supply chain for the project: ordering of logistic materials, rehabilitation materials, etc.
Responsible for delivery of medical, food and log items.
Organizing a smooth and functioning ordering system and reacting promptly to urgent needs.
Skills and requirements :
• Essential, at least 1 year experience as Logistics Assistant or in a similar related job
• Desirable : certificate or diploma in Technical Field, or Procurement.
• Essential, good command of English (written and spoken)
• Essential, good command of Somali language (written and spoken)
• Essential, computer literacy (word, excel)
• Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimum support from direct supervisor
• Able to maintain flexible behaviour in a changing circumstances
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit their application to MSF-OCB office, located at Masalah area, Omar Hussein Mir, Building. In a sealed envelope marked clearly on top Logistics Assistant, before the closing date mentioned below. Or email a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 16/10/2012 — Closing Date : 22/10/2012