By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – A former militia commander turned peacemaker has been appointed to the council of ministers.
The president H.E Ahmed Mahmoud Silanyo has appointed Suleiman Ahmed Isse ‘Hagaltosie’ the new minister of resettlement.
The appointment of Hagaltosie to the cabinet was announced through a presidential statement released this evening informing on a presidential decree that effect a mini cabinet reshuffle that sees the appointment of a minister and deputy and the deployment of another.
The mini-cabinet reshuffles decree stated:
The president of the republic of Somaliland on:
• Perusal- of section 2 of article 90 of the constitution
• Having considered the importance of ministries in the administration and public governance
• Owing to the imperative need to fill relevant public posts with competent citizens
• Having certified on the competence of the selected appointees
Hereby appoints with effect from this date
• Hon Suleiman Ahmed Isse as the new minister for resettlement
• Hon Abdirazak Ali Osman as the minister of industry and
• Hon Abdisalam Mohamed Hasan as the deputy minister of Minerals, water and Energy of the republic of Somaliland.
Hon Suleiman Ahmed assumes the Resettlement portfolio as a replacement for current incumbent Hon Abdirazak Osman who assumes the mantle at the industry ministry that was hived from commerce ministry.
The appointment of Suleiman Ahmed to the cabinet was received with jubilations by many Somalilanders in the capital city and his home region of Sool as well as the entire country where all have routed for him to be rewarded for having managed to effect the elusive peace in Buhodle.
According to presidential spokesperson Ahmed Suleiman Duhul who released the statement of appointments, the new appointees will assume duties with immediate effect.