* Earthquake hit in early hours, felt across Italy
* People buried under rubble; rescuers rush to area (Updates with prime minister giving new death toll, quotes)
EUCAP Nestor visits Puntland for joint planning and preparation for deployment of experts
Somalilandsun- From August 18th to 24th, a team of EUCAP Nestor’s experts led by the Mission’s Head of Operations visited the cities of Garowe and Bosaso in Puntland.
The visit was an opportunity for joint planning with the Puntland Authorities, in view of the preparation for the Mission’s deployment of experts in the north eastern Somali Region.
The Mission’s support to maritime security agencies in Puntland and its modalities were discussed on August 22nd at the Puntland Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
The EUCAP Nestor team exchanged views with - among others - representatives from the Ministry of Security, the Ministry of Justice, Religious Affairs and Rehabilitation and the Director of the Puntland Maritime Security Coordination Office.
During the meeting, the Mission stressed the importance for the Puntland Authorities to identify their priorities in relation to EUCAP Nestor’s engagement.
EUCAP Nestor is a civilian EU mission, under the auspices of the Common Security and Defence Policy, which assists Somalia in strengthening its capacity to ensure maritime security and in particular to fight piracy.
as :Delegation of Somaliland MOFA Minister arrives at Cairo
exclusively through official Massey Ferguson Dealers this range of 50-85hp multi-purpose, entry-level tractors was unveiled earlier this year at the US-Africa Business Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
As president Silanyo queries the international community's indifference to the history of Somaliland that stretches back as far as 1887 when it became a British protectorate
By: Yusuf M Hasan
Five-year war has displaced as many as one million people
• Humanitarian aid has been banned, despite serious risk of malnutrition
• Al Jazeera finds evidence of targeting of civilians and hospitals
• Locals feel abandoned and betrayed by international community
Why it is important to fight the Cancer of corruption in Somaliland?
- Somaliland: HRC Alarmed by Prosecution of Civilians at Military Court
- Somaliland: Further Delay in Elections Threatens Democratization Process
- Somaliland: “Happy to Shift offices to the AU”-Amb Jibril
- Somaliland: Sahra Halgan Sings for Her Country's Recognition
- Why Do Western Maps Shrink Africa?
- Somaliland: State Injects $7m for Projects in Sool Region
- Somaliland: A Land In Limbo Hopes That Books Will Keep It Going
- Somaliland: Eng Deyr Embodies Patriotism in Service to Nation
- Somaliland: “Unity is in Our Self-Interest” Dr Haglatosie
- Trump Exemplifies More Hostilities to American-Somalis